Coronavirus - COVID-19
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus.
Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to develop serious illness.
For protection, we encourage everyone to practice the key preventive measures.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water.
• Use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser if soap and water are not available. This is particularly important after taking public transport.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• When you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home and work environment.